Senior Volunteer Training Centre
SVTC was inaugurated in 2012 with the goal to facilitate transformational learning where senior volunteers acquire new skills that will empower them to leverage their lived experience to influence, engage and serve the community.
Since then we have developed programmes specifically for volunteer development and skills enhancement. SVTC workshops are delivered by senior volunteers who are experienced facilitators with wealth of voluntary and corporate experience.
SVTC's provision of an eco-system to train, prepare and deploy senior volunteers hit the nail on the head as the centre’s outstanding results further signal the needs of trained volunteers and the impact of senior volunteers not just to the greying population but a knitted wider community in Singapore.
Be an Effective Volunteer (1/2- day)
Part 1: The Fundamentals of Volunteerism
Part 2: Being an Effective Volunteer
Part 3: Utilising Available Resources
- Acquire sound knowledge of what volunteering is about, its importance and purpose
- Gain serving attributes and basic management skills
- Learn to draw on available resources and assistance
Download Course Outline here.
Part 1: Understanding the fundamentals of Befriending
Part 2: What makes an Effective Befriender
Part 3: Case Study and Action Plan
- Understand what is Befriending
- Understand the benefits of Befriending
- Acquire the key attributes and skills of a confident and effective Befriender
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Befriender
Download Course Outline here.
Developing the Servant Leader in You (1/2-day)
Part 1: What is Servant-Leadership? Understand the concept and application of servant-leadership
Part 2: Characteristics of a Servant-Leader What are the attributes of a Servant-Leader
Part 3: Case Study & Development of Action Plans
- Understand the philosophy of Servant-Leadership
- Learn the application of servant-leadership in the work environment, how to empower the people they lead
- Enable the growth of other Servant-Leaders amongst peers
Customer Service (1/2-day)
Part 1: Why do you choose to be a senior guide? What do customers want/need Customer relationship
Part 2: What is Customer Service?
- Understand the concept of customer service
- Gain confidence in delivering service excellence
- Develop a sense of pride and belonging as a senior guide
- Learn people skills in communication and managing challenges
Emotional Intelligence (1/2- day)
Part 1: What is required of befrienders
Part 2: Understand and handle communication effectively with the specific groups we want to serve
Part 3: Understanding and managing conflicts and Stress
- Understand what is Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Differentiate Emotional Competency from Emotional Intelligence
- Learn some keys to EI strategies
- Develop an Action Plan
Conflict Management (1/2-day)
Part 1: What is Conflict Management? The common ‘Causes’ of Conflict and the effects of Conflict
Part 2: Why is Managing Conflict important?
Part 3: How Conflicts are managed? The Conflict Response Matrix. Understanding ‘hot-buttons’
Part 4: The Conflict Management Process
- Understand what is conflict and effects it bring
- Appreciate the importance of managing conflict
- Learn how to manage conflicts and recognizing triggers.